Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Black and white and white

I looked around the studio the other day and was taken with how much doodling was lurking about - lovely graphic black and white bibs and bobs. As well as some white on white - yum.

These strips of paper were trial prints - and I love that the gouache was still so wet and glossy.

I think the straight line would be perfect for writing letters on or above or below into those wilder spaces.


or maybe vertically alongside it...


More trial prints- this time I think with Habu thread wrapped around a piece of timber. Very random, and I think I would need to be a bit more focussed if I were to do it again with a piece in mind, making those white spaces sit beautifully.



Different Habu thread, different piece of timber.


Stamped letters - white on white (or more accurately I guess it's white IN white)



 And an embossed page. Mmmmm, this one I like very much...





Black and white can be so gorgeous - and white on white is always a winner with me. It's fun to look around and get inspired and wonder where to take these pieces next...

2 comments:

  1. Ooh such wonderful marks... The white on White is just delicious ... And that Habu thread. It's a completely new idea to me, wrapping silk or cotton round very fine stainless steel- an extraordinary idea and what lovely marks you've made with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charlton/Margaret - it was such a simple idea a friend sent me and created such interesting marks depending on the size of the timber and the type of thread - lot so fun to be had! Go well.

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.