Thursday, July 13, 2017

Thursday Thoughts...

“May I recommend serenity to you? A life that is burdened with expectations is a heavy life. Its fruit is sorrow and disappointment. Learn to be one with the joy of the moment.” 

 Douglas Adams, The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul

I loved this opening sentence - of course you may! It sounds delightful!

I think even the word serenity sounds serene and capable of producing the essence of the word.

At first I wasn't sure if serenity was always linked to the notion of being one with the joy of the moment; but as I thought some more about it; it seemed to me that serenity really is just all about being at peace in that one moment; of being still and calm and tranquil and happy right then.

As I read and write this, it feels like a quest I should embark upon - to feel that oneness with the joy of the moment. Joy is a word we don't use all that much, yet it is perfect in its simplicity and you know when you feel it!


Recent beachside serenity...

2 comments:

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.