Thursday, October 12, 2017

Thursday Thoughts...

“The books we read answer questions we didn’t even know we had” 

 Axel Marazzi

Well ain't that the truth? I am often surprised that a book I have read has taught me stuff I didn't even know I needed to know.

I can sometimes be spooked by the timing of a book- that somehow this book fell into my hands; or that it had been sitting on the shelf for ages and I gathered it up to read at just the right moment.

It makes me smile to think there might be book-whisperering fairies somewhere who sit on my shoulder and say "this one, you need to read this one, now..."


Maybe they left this sign in a garden in Tyalgum as well.


6 comments:

  1. I agree completely! So often the book fairies seem to bring me just the right one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm greedy. i want that to happen more often!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can understand why V it is pretty great when it happens!

      Delete
  3. I can definitely relate to this book quote; I often have the same feeling !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such an interesting thing isn’t it Annick? And quite powerful. Go well.

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughts and comments; thanks for taking the time.